Programming languages #
A list of programming languages that I am interested in on some level. Some I know well, some barely, and currently only one intimately (Python).
- Ada, for its formal correctness and “design by contract”
- bash, which has a certain austere old-school Unix elegance to it
- Haskell, a beautiful and abstract language that appeals to the mathematician in me
- Ink, a hobby language that looks very nice.
- Julia, for scientific programming, though the hype and the shine seem to be coming off this language a little lately
- Go, Google’s fast and easy-to-learn (supposedly) language.
- Lua, a scripting language particularly popular for game development
- Lisp, which drives emacs, and which is almost insane in its simplicity and timeless ingenuity
- Python, the old workhorse, with some nice new features added in recent versions
- Rust, fast, sensible, solid, modern
Links and resources #
- A great post about using a different programming language every day for the Advent of Code competition.