- Electrical circuits and electromagnetism in general (the use of vector calculus are really cool; I guess this is really why it was invented).
- Fluid dynamics
Links and resources
- Simulator of iceberg buoyancy based on drawing a free-form shape.
- This interesting correction to a back-of-the-envelope calculation of the legendary Richard Feynman relating to the relativistic time differential between the surface and the core of the Earth.
- This nice explanation of the maths and Newtonian mechanics involved in getting rockets into orbit and manoeuvering them through space, explained very clearly and in detail.
- An extremely well-made explanation of how internal combustion engines work.
- The Feynman Lectures.
- A great HackerNews thread on higher derivatives in real life.
- A great article about how all of modern physics can ultimately be summarised in a table with nine rows.