Clojure is a modern Lisp dialect that I’ve been interested in learning for a while.
The weirdest thing about Clojure when you’re just starting out is its refusal to let you use mutable variables. This is something that really feels weird coming from Python.
Links and resources #
- Clojure for the Brave and True seems like a great introduction.
- Arthur Barroso’s journey learning Clojure.
- Hiccup for handling HTML in Clojure.
- Reagent, a Clojure interface to React.
- clojure-koans, a nice, simple, test-based way to learn some simple Clojure.
- Caves of Clojure, an implementation of this series of posts implementing a roguelike in Java, in Clojure
- robinson, a simple roguelike in Clojure
- clecs, an ECS library for Clojure
- brute, another ECS library for Clojure
- A nice write-up of a game dev hackathon in Clojure
- A tile map library for Clojure