I like wine, the classiest and most nuanced type of alcohol. Personally I can differentiate between cheap, bad wine and good wine, most of the time. That’s about the limits of my knowledge and skills when it comes to wine. It seems to be mostly a matter of care and quality in preparing the wine that has the biggest impact on its taste. Prefer small, local winemakers. Storage and serving temperature are important.
Some wines I liked #
Prices listed in the year purchased.
- Tulip Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 (80NIS 2021)
- Castel Petit Castel (120NIS 2021)
- Domaine du Castel Grand Vin 2008
- Ella Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
- Pelter Gewurtztraminer 2016
- Tulip “White Tulip” (Cabernet Sauvignon and Gewurtztraminer blend) 2020
Israeli wineries #
I try to exclusively buy wine from wineries that are not kosher and are on the right side of the green line. There aren’t a lot of these in Israel.