Infinite Jest #
Infinite Jest is a book by David Foster Wallace. I tried reading it in 2011 and didn’t finish it, and started reading it again in November 2020.
- Reading this book makes me want to write.
- In the first Kate Gumport bit, I don’t really identify with much of this all-encompassing view of anxiety and depression.
- Foster Wallace’s command of language is seriously striking and inspiring.
- The chapter about the future of video calls resonated very strongly during the COVID-19 pandemic and all the working from home and Zoom calls.
- “Tennis and the feral prodigy”.. what a fantastic chapter.
Links and resources #
- Simple chapter summaries for the book, which is easy to get lost in. A nice reference that doesn’t take your attention away from the book itself.